“Mom, can I have a cookie for breakfast?”
“You sure can!”
These Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are an easy on the go breakfast or snack whether you’re camping, heading back to school or off to work!
-1/4 cup of organic virgin coconut oil(melted)
-1/4 cup of honey*
-1 cup of gluten free rolled oats
-2/3 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (or dark chocolate chips)
-2/3 cup pumpkin seeds
-1/4 cup ground flaxseed
-1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
-1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
-1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
-2 organic eggs, beaten*
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet
- In a small bowl, warm the coconut oil and honey.
- In a large bowl combine both kinds of oats, cranberries, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Add pumpkin puree, eggs and warmed coconut oil and honey. Stir until fully combined.
- Using a ¼ measuring cup, scoop mixture onto the cookie sheet and flatten(they do not spread when baked).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the edges are lightly browned.
- Let cookies cool before placing them in an air tight container. We like to put ours in the freezer so they’re always fresh and ready when we need them!
*To make this recipe egg free, use flax or chia egg.
*To make this recipe vegan, use maple syrup instead of honey.